It’s officially wedding season, and that means that hair styles and ‘dos are all the talk in the beauty industry. Choosing a hairstyle for your big day is an important decision – you’ll be forever immortalized in wedding day photographs, and a good hairdo can make or break your formal look.
So what’s big this year in wedding styles?
1. Plaits – When whimsical and romantic is the idea, few things works better than plaits or loose braids to give hair texture and an air of romanticism. Plus, plaits are loose enough that you don’t have to worry about strands falling out of place – wispy strands will look intentional and beautiful.
2. Pinned Curls – Retro has been big this year, so it’s no surprise that brides want to bring some element of history into their hairdo of choice. Pinned curls are a throwback to a different era and go great with 40’s and 50’s themed wedding or attire. This look also keeps your hair pulled a little higher than your shoulders, so if you’re getting hitched in a warmer climate, you don’t have to worry about your hair falling flat from heat or humidity.
3. Loose Knot – Want a classic look without getting too complicated? A loose knot or bun at the base of the neck is a perfect way to exude elegance, while still being casual enough to transition from wedding to reception. Plus, it’s a great way to stay cool if you’ve rented an outdoor space for your ceremony or reception.
4. Half Up – While wearing your hair half up isn’t anything new for wedding season, the accessories you use to pull your hair back are. This year is all about large flowered barrettes and glamorous hair accessories.
5. Teased Back – For the more edgy brides (and ones with short hair), the teased back look is the perfect way to mix elegance, whimsy, and rocker chic. For fine hair, though, this ‘do might not hold well unless you use lots of product.
If you’re married, what hairstyle did you wear at your wedding? If not, what style do you plan to don when you walk down the aisle? Let us know!