There’s a new hairstyle in town, and it’s sure to be the hit of the summer. Historically, an Asian hair trend that’s made it’s way across the Pacific, the top knot has taken both coasts by storm with its classic simplicity that works both for casual and formal affair.
Especially during hot and humid summer months, this hairstyle can be a great way to keep a sleek and sophisticated look – even in the midst of 90 degree and higher temperatures.
Ready to learn how to do it? Here’s how to create the look for yourself:
1. Brush out your hair, removing any tangles or knots in your hair.
2. Flip your head over and put your hair up in a ponytail on the top of your head, making sure to flatten out any ridges in the front.
3. Wrap or twist your hair around the hair band to create a sleek knot.
4. Use another hair band or hair pins to secure the knot.
5. For a more casual look, pull a few strands out, after securing.
6. Use hair spray to ensure the knot stays in place, especially if you’re going for a more formal look.
Do you love this look as much as we do? Let us know what your go-to ‘do for the summer is in the comments!